Artfact cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
December 5, 2012
Claremont, AustraliaLive Auction
Lot 112: THOMAS GLEGHORN (B. 1925), SUN DISC II, Signed and(58 views)
Description: THOMAS GLEGHORN (B. 1925), SUN DISC II, Signed and dated 64 lower left, Mixed media
Dimensions: 74 x 55cm
Terms and ConditionsOpen in separate window
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
- You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 19.5% and any applicable taxes and shipping.‡
CONDITIONS OF SALE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR INTENDING BUYERS
The Images on this Web Site of the artworks are representations only.
Condition Reports are available upon request
1. Buyers Premium
A Buyer's Premium of 16.5% (including G.S.T.) of the hammer price is payable by the buyer of all lots.
2. Successful Bids
Following the Sale successful bidders will receive from GFL Fine Art an invoice detailing purchases.
3. Commission (Absentee) Bid
This service is free. GFL Fine Art will execute bids as instructed. Lots will be bought as cheaply as possible, subject to other bids on the Auction floor and reserves. Unlimited bids will not be accepted. In the event of identical bids the first bid received will take precedence.
4. Telephone Bids
GFL Fine Art staff will be happy to handle telephone bids on a lot during the sale. You are required to complete the details on the bidding slip (Lot Number, Name, Address and contact telephone number). GFL Fine Art will not be held responsible for any losses arising from missed bids caused by technical faults or unforeseen circumstances.
5. Advice During the Sale
GFL Fine Art staff are happy to assist or advise prospective bidders on any lot during pre sale viewing times.
6. Buyers' Numbers
At this sale it is our intention to use Buyers' Numbers. Your buying number is available at the front desk during the viewing times and prior to the commencement of the Auction.
7. Other Information
All works will be available for payment & collection from our Framing & Art Warehouse Unit 5 - 110 Briggs St Welshpool.
GFL Fine Art sell G.S.T. inclusive.
A 1.5% surcharge will apply to clients paying accounts using major cards.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. ALL PERSONS INTENDING TO BID MUST HAVE A BUYERS NUMBER. NO
BID WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT A REGISTERED NUMBER.
2. GFL Fine Art can act as agent for the seller and a seller in it's own right.
3. The highest bidder shall be the buyer. In the event of a dispute as to the bidding of any lot, that lot may be offered again at the discretion of
the Auctioneer whose decision shall be absolute and final.
4. The Auctioneer has the right:
(i) to advance the bidding at his absolute discretion;
(ii) to accept a reserve price on any lot
(iii) to place a bid or bid on behalf of the seller;
(iv) to withdraw any lot from sale; and
(v) to refuse any bid.
5. At the discretion of the Auctioneer every bid shall be at least 5 percent in advance of the previous one and no person may retract his or
her bid after once made.
6. The balance of the purchase price shall be paid within 24 hours of the termination of the sale, or as declared by the Auctioneer whichever
is the sooner.
7. The whole of the lots having been available for inspection, no allowance or refunds will be made, nor will any buyer be permitted to reject any lot on the grounds that it is not correctly described. The said lots are to be taken with all faults (if any) and will be at the buyer's risk on
the fall of the hammer and thereafter the Vendor will be free of all responsibility for safeguarding the goods and will not be liable for any loss or damage to the goods sold, whether such loss or damages caused or contributed to by any act, neglect or default of the Vendor, its Servants,
Employees or Agents.
8. Notwithstanding any other terms and conditions, if within twenty eight (28) days after the sale, GFL Fine Art shall receive from the buyer notice in writing accompanied by the written opinion of a competent expert or
authority, that the property is a forgery and not later than seven days after such notification the buyer return the property to GFL Fine Art in
the same condition as at the time of sale and satisfies GFL Fine Art that the property is a forgery, the purchase price shall be refunded.
9. Upon the purchaser failing to comply with any of the above conditions all moneys received in part payment shall be absolutely forfeited to the
Vendor, and all lots uncleared may be resold by Public Auction or Private Contract and the deficiency (if any) on such resale, together with all costs and charges attending, shall be made good by the defaulter at the sale.
10. All goods which have been paid for in full must be removed by the Purchaser at the purchaser's expense as advised by the Auctioneers.
11. Time shall be the essence of the sale of any lot.
12. Whilst every care has been taken in Advertising and in the compilation of this catalogue, the Auctioneers and/or Vendors accept NO
RESPONSIBILITY for any misdescription and make no warranty whatsoever. Measurements are approximate and intended only as a guide to
13. Terms strictly settlement of account before delivery.
14. Members of the public attend at their own risk, no responsibility is accepted for any accident.
15. The buyer is wholly responsible for any damage to property or injury to persons incurred during the removal of a lot or lots purchased,
including damage or injury caused by their agents or employees.
The full first name(s) and the surname of the artist.
In our opinion a work by the artist
Bears signature or inscription.
In our opinion the signature or inscription may have been added by another hand.
The surname of the artist.
In our opinion a work of the school or by one of the followers of the artist or his style.
The initials of the first name(s) and the surname of the artist.
In our opinion a work of the period of the artist which may be wholly or in part his work.
The word "AFTER" associated with the surname of the artist.
In our opinion a copy of the work of the artist.
Additional Upcoming Lots(view more)
December 5, 2012
Wilkinson Gallery, GATE 1 - Claremont Showgrounds
1 Grayloads Rd
16.50% incl. GST