Artfact cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
December 12, 2012
Hatfield, PA, USALive Auction
Lot 1003: Judith Leiber White Reptile Leather Evening Bag(113 views)
Description: Judith Leiber White Reptile Leather Evening Bag With pink stone and gold detail and gold toned chain strap. Also included: gold coin purse, comb, and pocket mirror with cloth bag.
Terms and ConditionsOpen in separate window
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
- You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 23% and any applicable taxes and shipping.‡
Terms & Conditions
Fine & Decorative Arts Auction Terms & Conditions
1. A buyer's premium of 20% of the hammer price shall be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price, with a 3% discount if paid with cash or acceptable check (reduces Buyers Premium to 17%).
2. The total sales price is subject to applicable sales tax. PA residents will pay 6% unless a tax exempt form is on file.
3. Acceptable forms of payment are bank check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & Paypal. No personal checks will be accepted.
4. Complete payment is required day of auction (if bidding live at the auction center) or upon receipt of notification of a successful bid (if bidding as absentee, phone or internet bidder).
5. Paid items must be removed from the auction center. Please note that online purchasers who wish to pick up their items shall not do so until the Monday following the day of auction, so that our staff has adequate time to process the transaction. After two (2) weeks, any items remaining at the auction center will be placed in storage. Fee for storage will be $10 per week per item.
6. Alderfer Auction can assist you with shipping arrangements. For more information call Linda Smith at 215-393-3007.
7. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again.
8. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
9. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
10. Some lots are offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold.
11. Alderfer's will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing and a fifty-dollar minimum bid is required per item. Phone bidding is an available service and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 24 hours before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
12. All auction inquiries must be received 48 hours prior to the start of the auction.
13. While every effort is made to determine provenance, authenticity and condition, it is the responsibility of the Bidder to arrive at their own conclusion prior to bidding. Provenance and authenticity including attributions are guaranteed by neither the consignor nor Alderfer Auction Company.
Alderfer Auction Company strongly encourages bidders to personally inspect all lots. While Alderfer's is not obligated to provide a condition report of each lot, Bidders may feel free to contact the Auction Company for a condition report, Alderfer's will attempt to furnish one, but shall not be liable for failing to do so. The Bidder should review online descriptions to obtain necessary information. Statements by Alderfer Auction Company regarding the condition of objects are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements of fact, and do not constitute a representation, warranty, or assumption of liability by Alderfer's. All lots offered regardless of a condition report are sold "AS IS".
14. Glossary of Terms
If we say "c." a certain date, then it was made within 25 years of that date.
Authorship and origin is guaranteed unless otherwise stated as "possibly" or "probably".
Measurements are given within 1" of actual size.
Due to the sensitive and mechanical nature of clocks and watches, we do not guarantee them to be in running or working condition.
FOR PAINTINGS: Authorship:
Name of Artist-Indicates that the work, in our best judgment, is by the named artist. Only these works are covered by our 10-day guarantee.
Attributed to*- In our best judgment, the work may be by the artist.
Circle of* - In our best judgment, a work of the period of the artist and closely related to the artist's style.
School of* - In our best judgment, a work by a pupil or follower of the artist.
After* - In our best judgment, a copy of the known work of the artist.
In the Manner of* - This painting represents the style of the named artist but was painted at a later date; the authorship is unknown.
* NOTE: There is no guarantee the work is by the named artist.
Signature- The signature, inscriptions and dates are transcribed in print as they appear and are located as follows:
SLL: Signed Lower Left
SLR: Signed Lower Right
SUL: Signed Upper Left
SUR: Signed Upper Right
SLC: Signed Lower Center
SUC: Signed Upper Center.
If we state "signed", in our opinion, the signature is of the named artist.
If we state "bears signature", in our opinion, the signature might be that of the artist, but we make no guarantee that the work is by the named artist.
Measurements are given height before width.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, Alderfer Auction Company disclaims all warranties of authenticity of authorship for all lots consisting of works of fine art by or attributed to artists, authors or persons living before 1870 and, when no artist, author or person is so identified, works attributed to a period which includes any date prior to 1870 and all warranties relating to the identification of the period or dates of execution of property which may be proven inaccurate.
If we say "Chippendale Mahogany Chest of Drawers", we represent that the piece was made during that period.
If we say "Chippendale Style Mahogany Chest of Drawers", we represent that the piece looks like the period mentioned, but it was crafted at a later date.
***WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VARIATIONS IN COLOR DUE TO PHOTO REPRODUCTION.
Additional Upcoming Lots(view more)
December 12, 2012
501 Fairgrounds Road
Hatfield, PA, 19440 USA
Phone: 00 1 215 393 3023
Fax: 00 1 215 368 9055