Artfact cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
March 23, 2013
Mt. Crawford, VA, USALive Auction
Lot 135: HOBBS CORAL REEF / SEAWEED SQUAT STAND LAMP(33 views)
Description: HOBBS CORAL REEF / SEAWEED SQUAT STAND LAMP, Sapphire opalescent/blue opalescent font, colorless beehive stem and ribbed base, No. 2 Fluted collar. Fitted with a period No. 2 slip burner and matching-pattern sapphire opalescent/blue opalescent chimney-shade. Hobbs, Brockunier & Co. and Beaumont Glass Co.
Condition Report: Excellent condition, font with several manufacturing flaws including an approximate 5" diagonal striation of tiny bubbles, exterior of foot with a small shallow chip to a rib and three other ribs each with a minor flake. Chimney-shade with a minute flake to top and each rim with normal mold roughness, as made, burner undamaged.
Provenance: From the collection of the late Dorothy J. Gooch.
Dimensions: 17 1/4" H to top of chimney-shade, 8 1/4" H to top of collar, 4 3/4" SQ base.
Literature: Parallels Thuro II, p. 104a. Parallels Hobbs, p. 141, bottom.
Date: Late 19th/early 20th century.
Terms and ConditionsOpen in separate window
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
- You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 20% and any applicable taxes and shipping.‡
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your bid constitutes a legally binding contract.
By bidding with us either directly or through Artfact, you are agreeing to abide by all associated auction terms.
1. The auctioneer reserves the right to reopen bidding on a sold lot (under extreme circumstances only) and is the sole determinant concerning all bid disputes. The auctioneer is the final authority in regard to all auction terms and conditions.
2. All purchases are subject to a 17% buyer's premium.
3. In addition to the buyer's premium, any lots won by "live" internet bidding or Artfact absentee bidding are subject to a 3% online transaction fee. Note: No online transaction fee applies to lots won by absentee bidding directly through jeffreysevans.com.
4. Unless exempted by law, all purchases are subject to a 5% VA state sales tax (this is also applicable to out-of-state buyers who pick up their purchases in Virginia.
5. VA law requires that all dealers must have a valid, signed VA Department of Taxation Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption (www.jeffreysevans.com/tax_exemptions.php) on file with us (required per auction for non-Virginia dealers).
6. Each returned check is subject to a $50.00 service charge.
7. Accounts that are unpaid after 30 days of the sale date will be subject to a 2% monthly finance charge.
8. The buyer is liable for all fees/costs associated with the collection of balances due, including attorney's fees.
9. Unless prior arrangements have been made with Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates, any merchandise not removed within 2 weeks of the sale date will be subject to a storage fee. Any merchandise not removed within 60 days of the sale date will be considered abandoned.
10. REFUNDS will be given at the sole discretion of the auctioneer and will only be considered on lots that are determined not to be authentic or have major damage or significant restorations/repairs that were not outlined in the condition report. Lots cataloged without circa dates are not guaranteed as to age. Additionally,
a). Lots catalogued without circa dates are not guaranteed as to age.
b). All rugs are sold strictly "as is" with no guarantees as to age, origin or condition. Absolutely no refunds will be considered on rugs.
c). Requests for refunds in regard to authenticity must be received within 25 days of the sale. The request must include at least one supporting written and signed statement from an authority recognized by the auctioneer. NOTE: Your timeliness and type of payment directly affect the time allowed for a refund transaction.
d). Absolutely no refunds will be made after 25 days of the sale date.
e). Do not return any item until a refund authorization has been obtained from Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates. Once a refund is approved and the complete lot is returned to the satisfaction of the auctioneer, a full refund of the hammer price and buyer's premium will be issued (we do not refund shipping cost). We do not offer partial refunds.
14. Additional conditions of sale apply as noted on www.jeffreysevans.com/buying.php and/or as announced by the auctioneer prior to the auction.
15. These terms and conditions, as well as the respective rights and obligations hereunder, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The purchaser shall be deemed to have consented to the jurisdiction of the state courts of, and the federal courts sitting in, the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Additional Upcoming Lots(view more)
March 23, 2013
2177 Green Valley Lane
Mt. Crawford, VA, 22841 USA