Artfact cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
January 1, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ, USALive Auction
Lot 305: Antique English Writing Desk Box(42 views)
Description: A great older box, most likely English late 18th / early 19th Century. Brass accents, measures 18 by 10 by 7 inches. Condition: Wood is starting to crack / split from lack of humidity.
Terms and ConditionsOpen in separate window
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
- You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 16% and any applicable taxes and shipping.‡
Terms & Conditions
1. A buyer's premium of 13% of the hammer price shall be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price.
2. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, bank check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & Paypal. No personal checks will be accepted unless previous arrangements have been made.
3. Complete payment is required day of auction (if bidding live at the auction gallery) or upon receipt of notification of a successful bid (if bidding as absentee, phone or online bidder). Items must be paid for no later than ten (10) days following the auction. After that time, the sale will be deemed null and void and the items become the property of J Levine Auction & Appraisal.
4. Paid items must be removed from the auction gallery. Please note that online purchasers who wish to pick up their items shall not do so until the Monday following the day of auction, so that our staff has adequate time to process the transaction. After ten (10) days, any items remaining at the auction center will be placed in storage. Fee for storage will be $5 per day per item starting the third business day after the auction.
5. Packing, shipping and insurance are handled by J Levine Auction & Appraisal's shipping service. To economize we will pack multiple items of similar size and type together if possible. Smalls will be shipped USPS Priority Mail. All large items will be shipped UPS-ground with insurance. Insurance is an additional fee of 1% of gavel price plus buyers premium. All shipping quotes are for shipping within the continental U.S. only. For international shipping, please call for a quote. Questions regarding shipping costs, insurance and tracking should be directed to Shana Weighknecht at 480-496-2212 or email@example.com. Please allow 2 weeks from receipt of payment for shipping.
6. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again.
7. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
8. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
9. Some lots are offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold.
10. J Levine Auction & Appraisal will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing and a fifty-dollar minimum bid is required per item. Phone bidding is an available service and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 24 hours before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
11. All auction inquiries must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the auction. The deadline for email inquiries is 12 pm EST the day prior to the scheduled auction.
12. Purchasers may inspect the merchandise and are urged to do so. The Auctioneer makes no warranty as to condition and shall not be responsible for any defects in any Lot. All goods are exposed for Public Exhibition and, for Internet buyer's condition is described in the listings. Item descriptions, dimensions and estimates are provided for guidance. It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. If potential buyers are unable to inspect lots in person, our staff will be happy to prepare detailed Condition Reports on individual lots. These are for guidance only, and all lots will be sold as described, as per our Terms and Conditions of Sale. All goods are sold "AS IS" and "WITHOUT RECOURSE".
13. We have tried to describe each lot as accurately as possible, and we have included descriptive photographs as well. However, we are selling each lot "AS IS" and there will be no returns allowed if you are not satisfied with condition. Please satisfy yourself as to the condition of the item before bidding.
14. Your bidding at this Auction indicates that you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions of Sale.
15. We are not responsible for color discrepancies due to photo reproductions.
***WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VARIATIONS IN COLOR DUE TO PHOTO REPRODUCTION.
Should internet bidding fail for any reason, please contact 480-496-2212, to enact an absentee or telephone bid. We will do our best to accommodate you at the live auction.
Additional Upcoming Lots(view more)
January 1, 2012
2200 N Scottsdale Road, Suite C
Scottsdale, AZ, 85257 USA
Phone: (480) 496-2212
Fax: (480) 889-5520