Artfact cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
February 28, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ, USALive Auction
Lot 150: An Important Royal Amethyst & Diamond Cross(1,068 views)
Description: Passed down purportedly by descendants of the Austrian Habsburg's, this cross measures 7.25 by 5.25 inches and features stunning Amethyst in a hand worked white gold frame and adorned by mine cut diamonds. Original period presentation box has protected for many years. One Antique Diamond and Amethyst Cross, set with forty-eight mine-cut diamonds, pale pink color, semi-included, weighing approx. 2.5 carats. Set with fifty-two square-cut amethysts that weight approx. 106 carats total weight, medium fine purple color, little to no zoning, with one large center amethyst weighing approx. 12 carats, medium fine purple color. The cross is fashioned in 18k white gold, 18k yellow gold, silver gilt and, most likely, platinum. The amethyst and diamond cross was fashioned in 1789 and belonged to the Royal Austrian Family at that time. Because of the strong ties with Pius VI, they asked that he bless this cross and each pope from that time on placed their blessing on it.
Terms and ConditionsOpen in separate window
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
- You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 16% and any applicable taxes and shipping.‡
Terms & Conditions
1. A buyer's premium of 16% of the hammer price shall be added to each purchase to reach the total sales price.
2. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, & Discover. No personal checks will be accepted unless previous arrangements have been made.
3. Complete payment is required day of auction (if bidding live at the auction gallery) or upon receipt of notification of a successful bid (if bidding as absentee, phone or online bidder). All online bidders will have the card on file charged the following day, unless prior communication has been made. Items not paid for after the 3rd day of sale are deemed noncollectable and bidder is marked as a non-paying bidder.
4. Paid items must be removed from the auction gallery. Please note that online purchasers who wish to pick up their items shall not do so until the day following the day of auction, so that our staff has adequate time to process the transaction. After three (3) days, any items remaining at the auction center will be placed in storage. Fee for storage will be $10 per day per item starting the third business day after the auction.
5. Small items (i.e. jewelry, pottery, small framed art, etc.) will be shipped by J Levine Auction & Appraisal and must include insurance. Questions regarding shipping costs, insurance and tracking should be directed to Shana at 480-496-2212 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 2 weeks from receipt of payment for shipping.
6. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again.
7. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
8. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
9. Some lots are offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold.
10. J Levine Auction & Appraisal will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing and a fifty-dollar minimum bid is required per item. Phone bidding is an available service and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 24 hours before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
11. All auction inquiries and condition reports must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the auction. The deadline for email inquiries is 8 pm EST the day prior to the scheduled auction.
12. Purchasers may inspect the merchandise and are urged to do so. The Auctioneer makes no warranty as to condition and shall not be responsible for any defects in any Lot. All goods are exposed for Public Exhibition and, for Internet buyer's condition is described in the listings. Item descriptions, dimensions and estimates are provided for guidance. It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. If potential buyers are unable to inspect lots in person, our staff will be happy to prepare detailed Condition Reports on individual lots. These are for guidance only, and all lots will be sold as described, as per our Terms and Conditions of Sale. All goods are sold "AS IS" and "WITHOUT RECOURSE".
13. We have tried to describe each lot as accurately as possible, and we have included descriptive photographs as well. However, we are selling each lot "AS IS" and there will be no returns allowed if you are not satisfied with condition. Please satisfy yourself as to the condition of the item before bidding.
14. Your bidding at this Auction indicates that you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions of Sale.
***WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VARIATIONS IN COLOR DUE TO PHOTO REPRODUCTION.
Should internet bidding fail for any reason, please contact 480-496-2212, to enact an absentee or telephone bid. We will do our best to accommodate you at the live auction.
Additional Upcoming Lots(view more)
February 28, 2013
10345 North Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ, 85253 USA
Phone: (480) 496-2212
Fax: (480) 889-5520