Artfact cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and disclaims any responsibility for inaccurate translations.
November 27, 2012
Haarlem, NetherlandsLive Auction
Lot 1: Aimé-Martin, L. Plan d'une bibliothèque(68 views)
Description: Aimé-Martin, L. Plan d'une bibliothèque universelle; études des livres qui peuvent servir à l'histoire littéraire et philosophique du genre humain. Brussels, Société belge de librairie etc., 1837, (4),482p., contemp. gilt clothbacked boards. Constantin, L.-A. Bibliothéconomie, ou nouveau manuel complet pour l'arrangement, la conservation et l'administration des bibliothèques. Paris, Librairie économique de Roret, 1841, new ed., 256,36 (advert.)p., 2 fold. engr. plates, private gilt calf w. 2 mor. letterpieces bound by J. ALVES, orig. wr. pres. (sl. dampstained). - AND 2 others: CHAMPFLEURY, Les excentriques (Paris, 1856, new ed., contemp. hcl.) and (L. LALANNE), Bibliothèque de poche par une société de gens de lettres et d'érudits. Curiosités littéraires (Ibid., 1846, contemp. gilt hcl.).
Terms and ConditionsOpen in separate window
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
- You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 27.2% and any applicable taxes and shipping.‡
Conditions of Sale
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Please note that we auction an average of 250 to 300 lots per hour. The auctioneer cannot be held responsible in case prospective buyers miss lots that they intend to buy due to the pace of the auction.
1) All E.U. clients purchasing goods have to pay a buyer's premium of 24,2% of the amount for which the item(s) has been knocked down. This percentage includes all taxes. Clients outside the E.U. pay 20% buyer's premium. Successful live online bids will be charged with an extra 3% online transaction fee.
Each buyer is held to buy for his own account and cannot claim any commission.
2) The highest bidder shall be the buyer. The auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle any dispute. The auctioneer reserves the right to divide or to unite lots during the course of the sale. The auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid.
3) The books are in 8vo, in orig. wrappers and in good condition, unless otherwise expressed. If any named item in this catalogue proves defective, the item concerned may be returned, provided this is done within one week after the sale and the item returns in the possession of the auctioneer in the same condition as at the time of the sale. This guarantee does not cover un-named books or prints, lots indicated as "w.a.f." (with all faults) or "sold as a collection not subject ot return", convolute lots of more than two books of prints, sub-sequently published volumes, periodicals, manuscripts, autograph letters, drawings and framed prints. Neither does this guarantee cover ex-library copies, with the usual defects such as plasticized bindings, stamps, tickets, labels etc.
4) The prices are in Euros. The bidding will start at the lowest estimate. Bids are raised by fixed increments of approximately 10%: up to €100 with increments of €5, from €100 to €250 with increments of €10, from €250 to €500 with increments of €25, from €500 to €1000 with increments of €50, from €1000 to €2000 with increments of €100, from €2000 to €5000 with increments of €200, from €5000 to €10000 with increments of €500, and from €10000 upwards with increments of €1000.
5) All books must be paid for by banktransfer (ABN-AMRO Bank Haarlem, IBAN NL17 ABNA 0458 5336 10, BIC ABNANL2A) within two weeks after receipt of the sale invoice. VISA and Mastercard are accepted. The additional fee for bankcharges is 0,1% with a minimum of €25 and, for payment by VISA, Mastercard or Paypal, 5% of the total amount of the invoice.
If the buyer fails to pay within two weeks he will be charged with the customary interest rate, increased with an extra 5%; moreover the auctioneer shall be entitled to exercise one or other of the following rights: 1. proceed for damages for breach of contract; 2. rescind the sale of that or any lots sold to the buyer who defaults and re-sell the lot or lots whereupon the defaulting buyer shall pay to the auctioneer any shortfall between the proceeds of that sale after deduction of costs of re-sale and the total sum due. Any surplus shall belong to the seller. Ownership only passes to the buyer when full payment has been received. The buyer, however, immediately assumes all risks when the goods are knocked down to him.
6) Shipping takes place at the expense and risk of the buyer. Prints will be shipped unmatted and unframed.
Additional Upcoming Lots(view more)
November 27, 2012
Haarlem, NL-2011 MT Netherlands
Phone: +31 23 532 3986
Fax: +31 23 532 3893